This qualification is aimed at upskilling any learner aged 19 plus. Learners must already hold a full Level 3 qualification, and are aspiring to progress their career within a nursery/early years setting. Learners are likely to be a room leader/supervisor, and looking to progress their careers.
All learners who complete one of the following units will be given the opportunity to complete the full qualification. We are offering all five units either standalone or the full qualification:
• EYAP Unit 1: Enabling Children to Learn
• EYAP Unit 2: Promoting Health and Wellbeing through Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordination (PANCo)
• EYAP Unit 3: Working with Others to Support Children with Additional Needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability.
• EYAP Unit 4: Working with Families and Other Professionals
• EYAP Unit 5: Implementing Change Incorporating a Small Scale Research Project.
The course is delivered online in group sessions, 2 x 3 hr sessions per month over 5 months for the whole programme with a choice of an am or pm session, and will include 1 assessment in the workplace and 6 hours of 1:1 coaching. Limited spaces are available.
Learners will look at effective inclusion for children in school and college.
The unit has been designed to support and evidence the leadership and management skills of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) in their role of leading best practice for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families.
Learner Outcomes: The Learner will:
1. Understand current frameworks for inclusive practice.
2. Understand provision related to children’s additional needs.
3. Understand the role and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator(SENCO) in early years settings.
4. Understand factors which affect families who are caring for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND).
5. Understand how own setting’s policies and procedures support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The programme will consist of:
• 2 x 3 hour live remote workshops
• 6 hours 1:1 coaching
• 1 assessment in the workplace
Each learner will be assigned a coach/assessor.
This unit is 30 GLH, and all participants will be expected to undertake assignments and complete homework as agreed with their coach/assessor.
Upon completion of this Unit, Professional Training Solutions are offering the opportunity for all learners to complete the full Level 4 Certificate of the Early Years Advanced Practitioner FREE OF CHARGE.
Upon achievement of the qualification, learners will be equipped as an advanced practitioner, and will offer promotion opportunities to deputy Manager/Manager positions.
The full qualification provides progression to a Level 5 qualification such as the Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner or the Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship.
All programmes are open to Londoners who meet the following criteria:
• UK Resident and live in London
• Aged 19+
• Does not already hold a Level 4 qualification or equivalent
• Earning less than £11.95 per hour
• Working in an Early Years Setting
• Achieved the Level 3 Early Years Educator (or equivalent)
- To be an active participant in the programme.
- To complete all of the workbooks funding paperwork and the accredited unit.
- To undertake a workbased project (will be supplied by us if you are currently not working)
- To participate in all the group online workshops and 1-2-1 coaching sessions.
Participation in this programme is completely free. It is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Greater London Authority (GLA).
Additional support for travel to and from places of study and other expenses will vary depending on the provider and the support they are able to offer. These options will be discussed during your enrolment.
The part time programme typically takes 8 - 12weeks to complete
You cannot study more than one unit on the Aspire London Programme. However, upon completion of your programme, you’ll get advice and guidance from your Aspire Careers Coach about how and where you can continue to study, if this is the next step for you and your career progression. This could include a full Level 5 qualification.